This developer is expected to research and apply advanced HPC techniques towards the performance improvement of Petroleum Reservoir Simulator.
Will work closely with the other HPC (Solver focus) position to address all areas of the code amenable to enhancement.
Among the greatest needs are :
1) Development of a parallel scalable solution methodology for large reservoir models,
2) Develop new solution methods for complex surface production systems,
3) work with other HPC core team members to develop new linear solvers on heterologous computing systems, including GPUs, FPGA etc.,
4) Explore PVT code for HPC enhancement.
Ph.D. degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Petroleum Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Computational Physics.
Strong communication skills in English are required.
Nice to have
1) Coding experience with Fortran 90
4) Strong background in high performance computing and must have 3+ years coding experience in MPI, Open MP or CUDA,
8) Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team. Preferred to have parallel MPI experience.