Operations and tasks performed by an operator are to be completed with minimal supervision and as directed by the supervisor.
The operator is to participate in field operations and shop work including, but not limited to : preparation, rig up, operation, maintenance, rig down and returning to base.
An operator is to demonstrate good leadership and mentoring skills.
steel toed work boots, FR (Fire Retardant) coveralls, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and hearing protection plus where necessary specialized equipment such as self-
contained breathing apparatus). 1. Perform all tasks in a safe professional manner and follow SOPs. 2. Attend and actively participate in all required safety meetings, JSAs and walk around / shift handover.
1. Actively participate in the load out of equipment following company procedures, and as directed by the supervisor. 2.
Actively participate in the preparation and installation of a unit or system to be tested, including rig up and rig down of all test equipment, and indicating instruments, as per P&ID.
3. Complete operations forms and checklists, as required. 1. Actively participate in pressure tests, function tests, as per relevant SOP and equipment design specifications.
1. Under minimal supervision, operate equipment, and clean up, repair and prepare for next job (eg : changing oil, greasing valves, etc).
2. Monitor equipment controls and instrumentation, and accurately record test data for engineer and client use. 1. Perform liquid sampling and analysing, prepare sampling documentation and prepare samples for shipping.
1. Perform and record relevant calculations, as required. 1. Perform equipment maintenance and repair work as assigned by the supervisor.
2. Perform troubleshooting of equipment and process. 1. Notify supervisor of needed spare parts and consumables. 2. Report all incidents, accidents, near misses, and unsafe working environments to the site supervisor.
promptly report all concerns regarding equipment / process to the supervisor. 1. Know how to locate SOPs and ask if unsure of work instructions.
1. Assist with DAQ cable rig in, as per direction of the supervisor. 2. DAQ reading and data collection as a DAQ User, (or may be performed by DAQ Technician / Specialist if available).
3. Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness on location and in the workshop. 4. Operate company vehicle according to the Weatherford Driver and Vehicle Safety Policy.
1. Take an active role and participate in Weatherford's Quality Improvement Process and comply with all requirements of the Product Line Operational Control Plan (OCP).
2. Maintain clear and professional communications with all crewmembers and company representatives. 1. Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
2. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford. 3. Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
4. Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Essential : High technical education or technical college Minimum 2 years of oilfield experience Preferred : High Petroleum education Intermediate English Specialized Well Testing training certificates
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS